At HuntingHQ we hold our members Health & Safety to the highest standard, so alongside the government guidelines and guidance from the NZ Game Animal Council, please see the following information.
COVID alert levels and hunting
- The Government has announced a 3-step plan for easing restrictions in Auckland.
- From 11:59pm Tuesday 5 October, Aucklanders can travel anywhere within the Auckland region for outdoor exercise and recreation.
- You will now be able to go boating — including fishing from a motorised boat or vessel, sailing, scuba diving, jetskiing and camp overnight.
- There are some restrictions — outdoor activities with other people are limited to 2 households, and a maximum of 10 people.
- If a boat has an enclosed space, only one household or bubble can go boating. If a boat does not have an enclosed space, 2 households or a maximum of 10 people can participate.
- Gyms and indoor recreation facilities are closed.
Under levels 1 & 2 hunting is allowed with very few restrictions
- You can go for a walk, run or bike ride. Exercise is good for people’s mental health.
- If you do, it must be solitary, or with those you live with.
- Keep a 2 metre distance.
- Do not do activities that may require search and rescue services. For example, do not go swimming, surfing, boating, hunting or tramping.
- If you are unwell, do NOT go outside.
Alert Level 4 rules (updated as per 17 August 2021) are available here.
- You can hunt on both private and public conservation land.
- You need to stay within your region and stick to your bubble.
- Overnight trips are not allowed.
- You may only hunt on foot — using quad bikes, off-road bikes, helicopters and other motorised vehicles is not allowed.
- You cannot stay in DOC huts or campgrounds under Alert Level 3 and hunting must also be consistent with the usual local area restrictions.
Please keep up to date with the latest COVID-19 alert level notifications at www.covid19.govt.nz.
All hunters should keep track of where they have been, including where and who they have been hunting with, to assist with rapid contact tracing if that is required. We recommend downloading and using the Ministry of Health’s COVID Tracer App.
Bookings & Refunds
Rest assured all current or future bookings, if affected by COVID-19 lockdowns or restrictions can either be rescheduled or refunded in full, at the choice of the lead hunter of the booking.
From all the HuntingHQ team, stay safe, and we look forward to us all heading back out on the next hunt!